This Chicken Alfredo with Crispy Bacon is easy to prepare and will please everyone at the supper table.
Chicken Alfredo with Crispy Bacon
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 slices bacon
- 1¾ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1½ cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked according to package directions and ¼ cup cooking liquid reserved
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Let bacon drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Chop bacon.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and salt; add to skillet, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until brown. Add broth, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken, and shred with forks.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add cream and chicken, and cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese and parsley until melted. Add fettuccine and reserved cooking liquid, tossing to combine; sprinkle with bacon.
Kitchen Tip: For the creamiest alfredo sauce, buy a wedge of Parmesan cheese and shred it yourself.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!