This easy mix-pour-bake Cherry Crisp dessert is just the recipe for fresh cherries when they’re in or out of season.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 cups pitted fresh cherries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Garnish: whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together cherries, granulated sugar, and 3 tablespoons flour. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, and remaining ¼ cup flour. Using a pastry blender, cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly; stir in almonds. Sprinkle mixture onto cherries.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: Use thawed frozen cherries to make this dessert year-round.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!