This Cherry Apricot Crumb Bars recipe is great to have on hand for when you need to whip up a sweet treat but are short on time.
Cherry Apricot Crumb Bars
Makes about 18
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- ⅔ cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in melted butter until well combined. Reserve 1 cup mixture; press remaining mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake until crust is set, 12 to 14 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Spread pie filling onto crust, and sprinkle with apricots. Sprinkle with reserved 1 cup oat mixture.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!