This Cherry Almond Ice Cream Pie is a cool and creamy combination of cherries, almonds, and vanilla ice cream.
Cherry Almond Ice Cream Pie
Serves: 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup ground toasted almonds
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2 cups finely chopped pitted fresh or thawed frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1½ quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Garnish: sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cracker crumbs, ground almonds, ¼ cup sugar, and cinnamon; stir in melted butter until combined. Firmly press graham cracker mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium saucepan, cook cherries and remaining ¾ cup sugar over low heat, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water until smooth; stir into cherries. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, stir together ice cream and extract; fold ¼ cup cherry sauce into ice cream. Spread into crust. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, drizzle ¼ cup cherry sauce on top of pie. Garnish with almonds, if desired. Serve with remaining cherry sauce.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!