Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 (5.2-ounce) package Boursin cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 300°. Spray a 3 1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Add flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, and cook, whisking frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in cheeses and salt until melted and smooth.
- Arrange one-third of potatoes in bottom of prepared pan; top with one-third of cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake 30 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/