These scrumptious Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes will have you coming back for seconds.
Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange one-third of potato slices in bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle potatoes with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ cup each Parmesan and Cheddar. Repeat layers twice. Drizzle cream onto potatoes. Top with remaining salt, pepper, and cheeses.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, about 1 hour. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives, if desired.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!