Warm up on a cold day with the succulent taste of this cheesy sausage soup.
Cheesy Sausage Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (1-pound) package mild ground sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons chicken broth
- ½ (32-ounce) package frozen cubed hash browns
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16-ounce) package processed cheese product,* cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a large Dutch oven, cook sausage and next 3 ingredients over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sausage is browned and crumbly; drain.
- Add flour, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in broth, hash browns, and corn, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cheese until melted; stir in sour cream (do not boil).
- ￼￼*We used Velveeta.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/