This delicious Mushroom Lasagna is packed with flavor from portobello mushrooms, fresh herbs, smoked Gouda, and Parmesan cheese.
Cheesy Mushroom Lasagna
Makes 8 servings
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) packages sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) block smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) box oven-ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, 2 tablespoons parsley, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid has mostly evaporated.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over butter, and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Whisk in milk, and cook, stirring constantly, for 6 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir together cheeses. Reserve 1 cup cheese mixture. Add remaining cheese mixture and ½ teaspoon salt to milk mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Spread 1 cup sauce in bottom of prepared dish; top with 3 noodles. Spread 1 cup sauce over noodles; top with ¾ cup mushroom mixture. Repeat layers 3 times. Top with 3 noodles, remaining sauce, and reserved 1 cup cheese mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until noodles are tender and sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon parsley over lasagna. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!