This Cheesy Maple-Pork Breakfast Casserole will satisfy your brunch guests.
Cheesy Maple-Pork Breakfast Casserole
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound ground maple pork sausage
- 6 slices soft hearty white bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded triple Cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until browned and crumbly; drain well on paper towels.
- Cut and discard crusts from bread; cut bread slices in half, and arrange in a single layer in prepared baking dish, cutting pieces to fit as necessary to cover bottom of dish. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, pepper, and salt; carefully pour mixture over cheese. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let chilled casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake casserole for 40 minutes or until set and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!