This Cheesy Maple-Pork Breakfast Casserole will satisfy your brunch guests.
Cheesy Maple-Pork Breakfast Casserole
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 pound ground maple pork sausage
- 6 slices soft hearty white bread
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded triple Cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until browned and crumbly; drain well on paper towels.
- Cut and discard crusts from bread; cut bread slices in half, and arrange in a single layer in prepared baking dish, cutting pieces to fit as necessary to cover bottom of dish. Sprinkle with sausage and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, pepper, and salt; carefully pour mixture over cheese. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let chilled casserole stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake casserole for 40 minutes or until set and golden. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!