Cheesy Hash Brown Rounds
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (20-ounce) packages refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 24 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; cook for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Stir in potatoes. Divide mixture among prepared pans, pressing firmly into bottom of cups.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Using a spoon, press hash browns down into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove from pans, and serve immediately. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/