This easy to prepare Cheesy Enchilada Soup is full of flavor from chili beans, corn, great Northern beans, fire roasted tomatoes, and Monterey Jack cheese.
Cheesy Enchilada Soup
Makes about 3 quarts
- 1½ pounds ground chuck
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Garnish: sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbly; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, all beans, corn, tomatoes, cumin, and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cheese until melted. Garnish with sour cream and cheese, if desired.
Kitchen Tip: This soup can be prepared through step 2, cooled completely, and frozen for up to 2 months. Bring it to a boil before continuing with step 3.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!