Cheesy Corn Spoonbread
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, cook milk and next 3 ingredients over medium heat. When bubbles begin to form around edges of pan, gradually whisk in add cornmeal and flour. Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, and whisk in butter until melted and well combined.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and cream with a mixer at medium speed for 4 to 6 minutes or until pale yellow in color. Gradually stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture until well combined; stir in corn and cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into cornmeal mixture, and pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/