Zucchini, carrots, mushroom, and spinach team up with chicken to make this ultimate Cheesy Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna.
Cheesy Chicken and Vegetable Lasagna
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups thinly sliced zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1½ cups finely chopped carrot (about 3 medium)
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) bags fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (24-ounce) jars tomato and basil pasta sauce, divided
- 1 (9-ounce) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 (12-ounce) packages sliced provolone cheese
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, carrot, mushrooms, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add spinach, stirring until spinach wilts. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in basil, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, and eggs; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Spray a 4½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread ½ cup pasta sauce in baking dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with half of vegetable mixture and 1 cup pasta sauce. Layer one-fourth of provolone over sauce. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with one-fourth ricotta mixture.
- Combine chicken and shredded mozzarella cheese. Spread half of chicken mixture over ricotta. Top with 1 cup pasta sauce, one-fourth of provolone, and 4 lasagna noodles. Spread one-fourth of ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with remaining chicken mixture, 1 cup pasta sauce, one-fourth of provolone, and 4 lasagna noodles. Spread with remaining ricotta mixture, remaining vegetable mixture, remaining 1 cup sauce, and remaining provolone cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/