Make this kid-friendly Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole a little more grown up by swapping Cheddar for Monterey Jack with peppers.
Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, dill pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and crumbly. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper until well combined. Top with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!