Make this kid-friendly Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole a little more grown up by swapping Cheddar for Monterey Jack with peppers.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, dill pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and crumbly. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper until well combined. Top with Tater Tots.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more. Serve immediately with desired toppings.
Click here for 12 more southern casserole recipes from Paula Deen.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!