Smother this creamy and spicy Charred Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese on sandwiches, crackers, and more.
Charred Jalapeño Pimiento Cheese
Serves: 3 cups
- 3 medium jalapeños
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2½ cups shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- Heat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeños; cook, turning occasionally, until skin is charred, 5 to 6 minutes. Place jalapeños in a small bowl, and tightly cover with plastic wrap. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Peel jalapeños, discarding skin, stem, and seeds; finely chop jalapeños.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise with a mixer at medium speed until almost smooth, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Stir in Worcestershire, garlic powder, paprika, and dry mustard. Stir in chopped jalapeño, cheese, and pimientos until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.