Champagne Royale drinks are a delicious party beverage made with fresh lemons, strawberries, sugar, and brut Champagne.
Makes 10 to 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 lemons
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen strawberries
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (750-milliliter) bottles brut Champagne,* chilled
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove rind from lemons, leaving behind as much white pith as possible. Cut lemons in half; squeeze juice to equal ¼ cup and reserve.
- In a medium saucepan, combine lemon rind, frozen strawberries, 1½ cups water, and sugar. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, and cook for 20 minutes. As strawberries soften, mash with a potato masher. Into a bowl, pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Cover and chill until cold.
- In a large pitcher, combine Champagne, strawberry syrup, and reserved lemon juice. Serve immediately.
- *Cava, prosecco, or another dry sparkling wine may be substituted.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/