This easy Carrot Sheet Cake is a delicious way to eat your veggies.
Carrot Sheet Cake
Makes 1 (13x9-inch) cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1½ cups golden raisins
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pie spice, and ¾ teaspoon salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, and sugars. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture just until combined (a few streaks of flour should remain); fold in carrots and raisins. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture onto cake. Garnish with walnuts, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!