You’ll love the hidden veggies and fun pretzel crust in this Carrot Macaroni and Cheese with Pretzel Crust.
Carrot Macaroni and Cheese with Pretzel Crust
Write a review
- 1½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions and ½ cup cooking water reserved
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 1½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together carrots and next 3 ingredients until well combined. Arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine crushed pretzels and melted butter; set aside.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine carrots, reserved pasta water, cream, and cheeses; process until smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, and stir in pasta. Pour into prepared pan, and sprinkle with pretzel mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!