These cookies are a fun play on the delicious flavors of carrot cake.
Carrot Cake Cookies
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- ½ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger, and nutmeg. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Stir in carrots. Using a 1½-tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough and place at least 2 inches apart onto prepared pans.
- Bake until browned, about 13 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting onto cooled cookies. Top with pecans. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with a mixer at medium speed until combined. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth. Use immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!