This Carrot and Squash Spring Salad is great with buttermilk dressing.
Carrot and Squash Spring Salad
Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped mixed fresh herbs (such as chives, thyme, and basil)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh arugula
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 1 small yellow squash, shaved into ribbons
- 1 (1-ounce) package fresh basil, torn
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, herbs, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- In a serving bowl, toss together lettuce, arugula, carrot, squash, basil, and cheese. Serve with buttermilk dressing.
Kitchen Tip: Carrot and squash can be shaved into ribbons several hours ahead and kept in a bowl of ice water; drain them well before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!