These Caramelized Bacon Mixed Nuts are a delightful mixture of almonds, bacon, brown sugar, and cashews.Card
Caramelized Bacon Mixed Nuts
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 pound cashews
- ½ pound almonds
- ½ pound pecan halves
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, diced
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 7 minutes or until fragrant and toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet, and let drain on paper towels. Pour off drippings from skillet, and add brown sugar and drained bacon to skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar is melted and bacon is coated. Remove from heat, and stir in toasted nuts, rosemary, and all remaining ingredients until well combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/