If you want to pass out something a bit different this Halloween, you can’t go wrong with small bags of Caramel Corn.
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pop popcorn according to package directions. Discard any unpopped kernels, and place popped corn in a large disposable roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- In a large saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, and cinnamon to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in baking soda (mixture will foam). Pour sugar mixture onto popcorn, and stir gently until well coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread in a single layer on wax paper. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/