This quick caprese pasta is full of flavor from delicious sausage, cheese, tomatoes, and basil.
Caprese Pasta with Sausage
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked sausage, sliced
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups bow tie pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (1-ounce) packages fresh basil, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package whole-milk mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pasta and broth, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Stir in basil and pepper, and top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!