Enjoy this classic Caprese Panzanella Salad with your favorite sandwich for a complete meal.
Caprese Panzanella Salad
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 large round bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 large assorted heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mozzarella pearls
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- On prepared pan, toss together bread pieces, melted butter, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; arrange in a single layer.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and remaining ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in bread, tomatoes, and all remaining ingredients until well combined. Serve immediately.
Kitchen Tip: Dress this salad up for company by serving it in a bread bowl.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!