Packed with chicken and sausage, this white lasagna has all the Cajun flair to spice up supper.
Cajun White Lasagna
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (15-ounce) jars garlic Alfredo sauce
- 2½ cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach, stemmed
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, sausage, bell pepper, and onion over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through; drain. Stir in Alfredo sauce, 2 cups Parmesan, and next 3 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, egg, and basil.
- Place 4 noodles in bottom of prepared pan. Spread half of ricotta mixture onto noodles; top with half each of chicken mixture and spinach and 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- *We used Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/