Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8.5-ounce) baguette, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- For dressing: In a small saucepan, whisk together yolk and next 5 ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, and immediately place saucepan in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Whisk in olive oil and anchovy paste until smooth. Whisk in Parmesan cheese. Let cool completely; cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- For croutons: Spread bread pieces in an even layer on prepared pan. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and all remaining ingredients. Drizzle olive oil mixture over bread, tossing to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, croutons, and dressing until well combined. Serve immediately lettuce with dressing and top with croutons, tossing to coat. Garnish with Parmesan cheese shavings, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!