Buttery Pumpkin Pie Fudge
Makes about 24 pieces
Write a review
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12-ounce) package white chocolate morsels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring butter, sugars, milk, pumpkin, pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture registers 240° on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and stir in white chocolate and vanilla until melted and smooth. Stir in pecans, if desired.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, and let cool completely. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan before cutting into squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/