See step-by-step instructions for shaping these rolls here.
Buttery Cloverleaf Rolls
Makes 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 cup warm milk (105º to 110º)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- In a medium bowl or glass measuring cup, combine milk, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture is foamy.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment, combine softened butter, egg, and salt. Add yeast mixture, beating at low speed until smooth. Gradually add flour, beating at medium speed until a smooth and elastic dough forms (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Form dough into a ball, and place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let stand in a warm draft-free place (85º) for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Spray 2 (12-cup) muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Divide dough into 24 equal portions. Divide each portion into 3 pieces, and roll each piece into a ball. Place 3 dough balls in each muffin cup. Brush evenly with cream. Cover and let stand in a warm draft-free place (85°) for 35 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pans and serve warm, or let cool completely on wire racks.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/