Makes about 2 dozen
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups butterscotch morsels, divided
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and melted butter until smooth; whisk in 2 eggs and vanilla. Whisk in flour and salt until combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups butterscotch morsels, white chocolate, and 2/3 cup walnuts. Press half of dough into bottom of prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add remaining 2 eggs, beating just until combined. Spread cream cheese mixture onto dough in pan. Drop remaining dough by tablespoonfuls onto cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels and remaining ⅓ cup walnuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat cream on HIGH for 30 seconds or until very hot. Stir in remaining 1 cup butterscotch morsels until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cut bars before serving. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/