This Butterscotch Brownie Pie is sure to satisfy lovers of brown sugar, chocolate, and vanilla.
Butterscotch Brownie Pie
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
Write a review
- ½ (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butterscotch ice cream topping*
- Preheat oven to 350 ̊.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle. Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate, crimping edges, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugars at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Stir in melted chocolate until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until smooth. Spoon batter into prepared crust.
- In a small bowl, combine butterscotch topping and remaining 1 egg. Spoon butterscotch mixture by tablespoonfuls over brownie pie. Gently swirl batter with a knife. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- *We used Smucker’s butterscotch Ice Cream Topping.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/