This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake is a flavorful casserole dish with savory chicken, Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, and rigatoni pasta.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) box rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- In same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes. Return vegetables to skillet, and stir in 1/2 cup wing sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk, broth, and remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce until smooth. Cook, whisking occasionally, until thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Gradually stir in Colby and Monterey Jack until melted and smooth. Stir chicken mixture and cooked pasta into cheese sauce until well combined; spoon mixture into prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together bread crumbs, blue cheese, and parsley; sprinkle onto casserole.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!