These Browned Butter and Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes are oh-so-delicious and perfect for your holiday menus.
Browned Butter and Sage Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Rub sweet potatoes with oil, and place on prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool enough to handle.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add sage and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until butter is browned and garlic is tender.
- Peel potatoes, and place pulp in a large bowl. Add butter mixture, cream, salt, and pepper; using a potato masher, mash potatoes to desired consistency. Garnish with sage, if desired.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!