Broccoli and Cheddar are flavors that pair well together in soups, salads, and even breakfast dishes. This quiche recipe showcases the best of the vegetable and the cheese to serve at your next brunch.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Write a review
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1½ cups small broccoli florets
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅔ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375º. Unroll pie crusts, and stack together on a clean work surface. Roll crusts into a 14-inch circle. Fit pie dough into a 9½ -inch glass pie plate. Fold over edges and crimp. Using a fork, prick bottom and sides of crust. Line with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove weights and paper.
- In a medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Crumble bacon.
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli florets in boiling salted water to cover for 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, salt, and pepper until smooth and light in color.
- Sprinkle bacon, broccoli, and ½ cup cheese in baked crust. Pour egg mixture over bacon mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup cheese, and bake 10 minutes longer or until center is set.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/