Serves: Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 6 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped Gala apple
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, pecans, and red onion.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Stir vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper into drippings. Toss with broccoli mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving or up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in apple. Reheat bacon in microwave on high for about 20 to 30 seconds; sprinkle onto salad.