The ingredients in this Breakfast BLT Strudel equal about 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon, and 1 biscuit per serving.
Breakfast BLT Strudel
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) package bacon, chopped
- 12 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet, and let drain on paper towels.
- To skillet, add spinach and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until until spinach wilts. In a large bowl, whisk together 11 eggs and mayonnaise until smooth. Add egg mixture to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but not dry. Remove from heat, and stir in cheese, tomato, salt, and cooked bacon. Spoon mixture into a large bowl, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll 1 pastry sheet to a 12x10-inch rectangle. Spoon half of egg mixture lengthwise down center of pastry, leaving a 3-inch border on long sides and a 1-inch border on short sides. Fold short sides of pastry over egg mixture, then fold over long sides. Transfer to prepared pan. Repeat procedure with remaining pastry and egg mixture. In a small bowl, whisk remaining egg until smooth, and brush onto pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes; cut into 2-inch-thick slices to serve.
- Strudel can be baked ahead and slices reheated in a 300° oven or in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!