This Brandied Cranberry Sauce is full of fresh cranberries, brown sugar, orange juice, and a blend of spices.
Brandied Cranberry Sauce
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Write a review
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground mace
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons brandy* (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, next 6 ingredients, and if desired, brandy. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until berries burst and sauce thickens. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- *Bourbon may be substituted for brandy.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/