A creamy pudding and rich chocolate topping transform a boxed cake mix into these easy Boston Cream Cupcakes.
Boston Cream Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 (16.5-ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 6 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- For cupcakes: Bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream, confectioners’ sugar, milk, sour cream, and pudding mix with a mixer at medium speed until stiff peaks form. Pour mixture into a squeeze bottle with a long narrow tip. Insert tip into top of cupcakes, and squeeze about 1 tablespoon filling into center of cupcakes.
- For frosting: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, cook chocolate and cream on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is melted and smooth (about 2 minutes total). Gradually whisk in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Let mixture cool until thickened and spreadable, about 30 minutes. Spread frosting onto cupcakes. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- We used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/