These Blueberry Lemon Bars are easy to make and perfect for sharing during the long days of summer.
Blueberry Lemon Bars
Makes about 12
- 8 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Crust and Crumble Dough (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, gently stir together blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest and juice. Pour mixture onto prepared Crust and Crumble Dough in pan; crumble reserved dough onto berries.
- Bake until top is lightly browned and filling is hot and bubbly, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Crust and Crumble Dough
Makes enough for 1 (13x9-inch) pan
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and egg yolk with a mixer at medium speed until smooth and creamy. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined.
- Turn out mixture onto a work surface, and gently knead until a crumbly dough forms. Press three-fourths of dough into prepared pan. Reserve remaining dough in a small bowl.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!