Blueberry Ice Cream
Makes 1 gallon
Write a review
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 quart cold half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir together blueberries and next 2 ingredients; let stand for 20 minutes.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add condensed milk, and beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff peaks form again. Stir in half-and-half, vanilla, and blueberry mixture.
- Pour mixture into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. If a firmer texture is desired, transfer to a freezer-safe container, and freeze until firm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/