The nutty, crunchy topping of this Blueberry Crumb Pie is a great contrast to the juicy fruit filling.
Blueberry Crumb Pie
- 1 (14.1-ounce) box refrigerated pie crusts
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Pecan Crumble (recipe follows)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll piecrusts, and stack together. Roll dough to a 14-inch circle; press into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Trim excess dough; fold edges under, and crimp edges as desired.
- In a large bowl, stir together berries, sugar, and zest. Using a potato masher, lightly crush one-fourth of berry mixture. Drain excess liquid from mixture. Stir in cornstarch and flour. Pour into prepared crust, and sprinkle with Pecan Crumble. Brush edges of crust with beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°, and bake until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbly, about 30 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Makes about 1 cup
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients until well combined.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!