The flavorful essence of butter, black pepper, garlic, onion, oregano, and red pepper creates mouthwatering Blackened Catfish.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoons ground red pepper
- 4 large catfish fillets
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- In a small bowl, combine seasoned salt and next 5 ingredients.
- Lightly dust catfish with flour, gently shaking off excess. Pat seasoned salt mixture onto catfish.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add 2 fillets to skillet, and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Repeat with remaining butter, oil, and fish. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!