Write a review
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons 2% reduced-fat milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or drained thawed frozen blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, 4 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, 7 tablespoons milk, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into well in flour mixture; stir until just combined. Gently stir in blackberries. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Gently press dough into an 8-inch round on prepared pan. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon milk; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes; serve warm.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/