These Blackberry Mint Juleps are a sweet treat!
Blackberry Mint Julep
Makes about 6 cups
Write a review
- 2 (12-ounce) packages fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 1 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs, fresh blackberries
- In a medium saucepan, cook blackberries and sugar over low heat, stirring frequently, for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture is thick and syrupy. Press mixture through a wire mesh sieve, discarding solids into a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.
- To a pitcher, add mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, gently crush mint. Stir in blackberry mixture, ginger ale, bourbon, and lemon juice. Refrigerate until cold. Serve over crushed ice, and garnish with mint and blackberries, if desired.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/
Get more great traditional Southern recipes and more by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!