Makes about 2 quarts
Write a review
- 2 quarts water
- 6 family-size tea bags
- 8 fresh mint leaves, torn
- 8 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Garnish: lemon slices, fresh mint
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Remove from heat, add tea bags and mint, and let stand for 15 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- In a very large bowl, stir together blackberries, sugar, and lemon zest. Pour tea over blackberry mixture, and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Strain tea mixture into a large pitcher, discarding solids. Refrigerate until cold. Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon and mint, if desired.
- Two (16-ounce) packages thawed frozen blackberries can be used in place of fresh.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/