Blackberry Champagne Cocktail
Makes about 9 cups
Write a review
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, divided
- 1/4 cup crème de cassis
- 2 (750-millileter) bottles chilled Champagne
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, 2 cups water, and 1 1/2 cups blackberries to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, and let stand for 20 minutes. Strain mixture, discarding solids. Cover and refrigerate until cold.
- In a large pitcher, stir together blackberry syrup, crème de cassis, and remaining 2 cups blackberries. Cover and refrigerate; just before serving, gently stir in Champagne.
- Champagne can be substituted for Cava, Prosecco, or any other dry sparkling wine.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/