With a chocolaty surprise inside, these Black-Bottom Banana Pudding Bars are everyone’s favorite dessert turned into easily shareable bars.
Black-Bottom Banana Pudding Bars
Serves: Makes about 24
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 3 cups cookies)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup plus ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box banana cream instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: chopped chocolate, banana slices
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, letting excess extend over sides of pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- For crust: In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- For filling: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, cook chocolate and ⅓ cup cream on medium in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until mixture is melted and smooth (1½ to 2 minutes total). Spread chocolate mixture onto crust. Top with banana slices. In a medium bowl, beat pudding mix, milk, and remaining ¼ cup cream with a mixer at medium speed until very thick, about 2 minutes. Spread onto bananas.
- For topping: In a medium bowl, beat all ingredients with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread onto pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving or up to 8 hours. Using excess foil as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars. Garnish with chocolate and banana, if desired.