Use frozen berries when fresh aren’t in season to make these scrumptious Berry Tarts year-round.
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 11/3 cups low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Unroll piecrusts onto a lightly floured surface. Using a 5-inch round cutter, cut 8 circles from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Press crusts into bottom and up sides of 8 (4-inch) removeable-bottom tart pans. Prick all over with a fork. Top each with parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of pans. Add pie weights.
- Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Carefully remove paper and weights. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small saucepan, bring all berries, ½ cup water, and vanilla to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring frequently, for
- minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir sugar and gelatin into hot berry mixture until dissolved. Whisk in yogurt. Pour mixture into prepared crusts. Refrigerate until cold and set, about 4 hours. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!