Fresh strawberries, raspberries, buttermilk, and cream cheese are blended to create a scrumptious Berry Buttermilk Pie.
Berry Buttermilk Pie
Berry Buttermilk Pie Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie
- 2 (5.3-ounce) boxes shortbread cookies, crushed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- Garnish: fresh strawberries, fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar until combined. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In the container of a blender, pulse together strawberries, raspberries, and buttermilk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add raspberry preserves and buttermilk mixture, beating until combined. Fold in ¾ cup whipped topping. Spread into prepared crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Spread with remaining whipped topping, and garnish with berries, if desired. Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription to Cooking with Paula Deen today!