This delicious Bell Pepper and Pickled Okra Marinated Slaw is a refreshing side dish.
Bell Pepper and Pickled Okra Marinated Slaw
Makes 4 quarts
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) container assorted small tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced pickled okra
- ¼ cup sliced green onion
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and vinegar until dissolved. Whisk in salt, mustard, and celery seeds until combined. Whisk in oil until well combined.
- Stir in cabbage, bell pepper, tomatoes, okra, and green onion until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour; stir before serving.
Get more great recipes by ordering your subscription of Cooking with Paula Deen today!