This super flavorful Beet and Feta Salad is a great lunch or side dish at supper.
Beet and Feta Salad
Makes 6 servings
Write a review
- 6 medium beets with green tops (about 2½ pounds)*
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups Italian blend salad greens
- ½ cup light raspberry vinaigrette*
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove beet greens, and rinse under cold running water. Coarsely chop and reserve 3 cups beet greens.
- Scrub beets; trim all but 1 inch of stems. Place beets in a shallow 2-quart baking dish; add ½ cup water. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until tender. Cool completely. Rub peels from beets; remove and discard stems and root ends. Cut each beet into 6 wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine beet greens, salad greens, beet wedges, and vinaigrette; gently toss. Top with raspberries, cheese, and almonds.
- *Use a mix of red and gold beets. We used Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette.
Paula Deen Magazine https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/